Alexander Zverev’s Girlfriend Steals the Spotlight Before US Open Opener 🎾🔥

 Alexander Zverev’s Girlfriend Steals the Spotlight Before US Open Opener 🎾🔥



Alexander Zverev’s Girlfriend

No. 1 seed Alexander Zverev is set to open his US Open campaign against Italy’s Lorenzo Sonego on Tuesday.

Before the highly anticipated first-round match, Zverev’s girlfriend, Sophia Thomalla, grabbed attention with a post on Instagram. Dressed in a baby-blue beach outfit, Thomalla revealed new details about the reality dating series Are You The One?

Thomalla shared the post on Sunday, nearly two days before Zverev’s US Open opener. However, despite the timing of the post, she is currently in New York supporting her boyfriend.

According to the New York Post’s Grant Young, Thomalla has already finished filming the reality show and has been spending time exploring New York City with Zverev over the weekend.

“While this post might make it seem like Thomalla isn't in New York right now, she has actually wrapped filming for the [reality] show and posted several photos of her exploring the Big Apple with Zverev over the weekend,” Young wrote.

That makes it likely Thomalla will be in the stands Tuesday evening as Zverev takes on Sonego in his opening-round US Open match.

Can Alexander Zverev Make a Run at the US Open Title?

The path may be opening up for Alexander Zverev to capture the second Grand Slam title of his career following his French Open triumph earlier this year.

With World No. 1 Jannik Sinner withdrawing from the tournament due to a knee injury, the US Open draw has already seen several major surprises. Arthur Fils and Novak Djokovic were both eliminated in stunning first-round upsets earlier this week.

Meanwhile, No. 2 seed Carlos Alcaraz is returning from a four-month absence after suffering a serious wrist injury. Questions remain about whether he will be fully prepared to defend his US Open crown at Flushing Meadows.

Those developments could give Zverev a major opportunity to claim his first US Open championship and further cement his legacy.

Still, the German star is entering the tournament with an underdog mindset after disappointing early exits in Montreal and Cincinnati during the buildup to New York.

“I feel like I have [played very well] after the French Open, and then I haven't done it in the last two tournaments,” Zverev said, according to the ATP Tour. “But I definitely feel like my game has been coming back, and it's been better and better every practice session that I've had. I hope I can show my best tennis here again.”

Zverev Embraces the No. 1 Seed

Zverev is also refusing to put too much importance on becoming the top seed at a Grand Slam for the first time in his career.

“I think [being] seeded is nice, and being a seed is a great show that you've been playing well,” he said.

“But the most important thing is whose name is at the end of the draw and who is still here in two weeks. That's the main goal for everybody who is in the draw.”

Zverev added that he views himself as simply one of the many contenders capable of making a deep run.

“I feel like I'm one of the 128 players that are favourites in the draw.”

If Zverev can navigate the challenging two-week gauntlet at Flushing Meadows, he could be headed for a blockbuster showdown with defending champion Carlos Alcaraz in the final stages of the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment