MANCHIN REGISTERS AS INDEPENDENT
West Virginia Senator
Charleston, WV – U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (I-WV) announced today that he has registered as an independent at the West Virginia State Capitol.
“Since I began my public service career in 1982, my focus has always been on what’s best for my state and country, irrespective of party politics. Throughout my time in office, I have remained dedicated to common sense, bipartisanship, and uniting people. This is my core identity and will always define my approach. I have never viewed America through a partisan lens.
“However, since becoming a U.S. Senator in 2010, I have witnessed both the Democratic and Republican parties abandon West Virginia and our country in favor of partisan extremism, endangering our democracy. Today, our national politics are dysfunctional, with neither party willing to compromise for the common good. To stay true to my values and continue prioritizing the country over party affiliation, I have decided to register as an independent and keep fighting for America's sensible majority.”

No comments:
Post a Comment